Saturday 6 June 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

I didn't even have to get out of bed this morning to know that more jolly romps in the countryside were a big no-no. Instead, I went exploring Manchester, rediscovering my favourite places and things, like the echoey Central Library, side streets off Oxford Road and sitting with Alan Turing (well, his statue) in Sackville Gardens.
Memorial to Alan Mathison Turing, 'Founder of Computer Science'. Sackville Gardens, corner of Sackville/Whitworth Street

Lone Space Invader, behind the Palace Theatre, Whitworth Street
I also did a spot of shopping, but unfortunately my eco-friendly paper carrier bags disinegrated in the onpour and I had to stuff a pile of clothes into my bag, which made me look rather like a filthy shoplifter.
There were a lot of people wearing wellies who, I can only assume, were on there way (via several pubs) to Heaton Park for the Oasis gig. Many of them appeared to be drawing phalluses on each others' shoes. It was all rather odd, but each to their own I guess.
I also spotted a lot of these:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails