Sunday 2 August 2009

Tiny Things


I have finally got around to putting some of my new necklaces online. I have a bit of an obsession with very small cameos and charms, flowers and insects right now so there are plenty of them there. Take a look, maybe buy one if you're feeling flush (I certainly am not... and rest assured that any proceeds will go towards the Lucy holiday pint fund! Go on, you know you want to...)

Said holiday is one week in a cottage in North Wales where I intend to relax (if I remember how to), walk up Snowdon and go 'crabbing'. To make things really cosy, we're even taking the cat! Baz on holiday, he really is spoilt to the max. I also intend to make all the cool things I daydream about making when I'm chained to my desk.

I'm currently working on an amigurumi bear, which is quite a tall order seen as I have only just taught myself to crochet (after someone told me it was easier than knitting. I have now come to the conclusion that they were lying!) Things started off badly when what I thought was the head turned out to be the body and it sort of resembles a knitted prophylactic, but it is gradually getting better. I am a big believer in perceverance. And fortunately a big fan of charmingly mutated handmade toys.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails